Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My adventure....

February 17, 2009

....Started yesterday working up at the hill, got off at noon and snowboarded till 4. Filled in for a no show at the top from 4 - close at 10pmish. Up to this point things are still cool. I get home and a friend of my eldest son needs a ride home to Irwin, about an hour round trip. Oh ok, if I have to...sigh.....

Drive was still dry, not snowing much. A few deer to avoid and one large rock in the road, microwavish sized, avoided with no problem....but I should have stopped, got out and moved it.....should have.....

Return trip, come around a corner and I see hazard lights. Soon into view I see 5 people standing next to their car...."please, have you got a cell phone we can use.?" Hmmm, seems they have hit that rock. I hand them my phone and pull up the road a 100 yards or so to turn around, and in doing so it become apparent what has happened. He hit the rock at about 60mph, and in fact the rock is still under the car. A nasty groove has been cut into the asphalt the whole length of the encounter, and now automotive fluid is greasing the road all around said car. Rental. Yes, he did buy the insurance. Good damn thing, looks like it might be totaled.

It is late. No traffic. Just me and the 5 Peruvians, 1 Guy and 4 girls, all in their early twenties. Live in JH on temp visas. One or two work up at the village. Been shopping in Idaho Falls. Shit loads of girl shit. 30 or more sacks of clothes, and whatnot. Fez, I call him that because, well he looks and sounds like Fez, has no idea what to do. I call state police and arrange for a wrecker. Takes an hour for these to arrive. 1am now.

Wrecker hauls off automobile, state police takes statement. That leaves the 5 of them standing on the side of the road with all their shiz. What else could I do....I load them and all the shopping goodies into my outfit and haul them to Jackson. Over the pass at 2:30am and then again at 3:45. Snowing like a bastard. All the way home. Arrived home at 5am. 2 hours of sleep and here I am at work. Seeing double. Hard to type. Coffee ain't cutting it.

May have to sneak off to a dark corner for a nap.......

Oh, lots of snow on the pass. Had visions of me boarding the road. Untracked powder for the most part...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!