Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Close Call!

February 18, 2009

Update on my crazy life....

wOw! My heart is still pumping like crazy. It is Wednesday morning, 9:39am. I just escaped death or serious injury by less than 5 feet......I tell myself to calm down, take it easy......

I stopped in to the store this morning to pick up a prescription, while waiting I played around with the blood pressure machine, thinking happy and unhappy thoughts, to see if I could make the readings change. Amazing how thoughts of deep powder on a bluebird day differ from thoughts of coming home to a messy house after a shitty day at work. Cool experiment while I was waiting.

I finish up at the store, hop in my outfit to continue the drive to work. Roads are ok, bare for the most part.....except for that little patch up ahead that THAT PICKUP UP JUST HIT AND LOST CONTROL !!!!!

...it all happened so quick, and so slow, at the same time. She hits the snowbank on her right, bounces off and she starts to slide sideways (cabside towards me) ...I can see if I don't evade to the right and punch it, she is going to smear me on my driver's side......closer, closer, whooosh, she goes by, missing my back bumper by about a foot. I look in my rearview, she is off the road, down into the ditch and rolls it over a fence and out into a field, snow flying everywhere....

I call 911 as I look for a spot to turn around. 20 cars go by, no one stops, seems no one saw what happened. Just a pickup off the road. 911 dispatches quick response and I make it back to the rolled pickup. Young girl, 16 or 17. She is fine, her seatbelt saving her from being thrown out or around. "I think I rolled it or something", yes dear, you did.....

It only takes a second to change/end a life......Blood pressure? Way up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!