Monday, November 16, 2009

Living in Paradise

Living in Paradise, yes.....I think so. For all the negative things I can think of that come with living here (and there are a few), they pale in comparison to the plus side of great things to be enjoyed in this area.

Not everyone enjoys the great outdoors. Hard to believe, I know. Why that is so, is hard to say. Too cold, too hot, too many bugs.....blah, blah, blah...... you get the picture. Anything worth having is almost always hard to get, it takes perseverance, and to a degree a perverse attitude. This stuff ain't easy. Not many find this kind of fun to actually be, well....fun.

My boss asked me what I did this weekend. I told him that me and one of my boys drove up to Targhee for some snowboarding. "Oh, I didn't know they were open." He says. "They aren't." I inform him. He looks at me and I could see the question forming in his mind. I answered him before he asked. "We hiked up."

I saw the puzzlement in his face. "Why would you do that?" he blurts out. I found no answer that would satisfy him. I mean, how could he understand? If you have to ask, you won't understand, no matter the answer.


Hard? Yes. Sweaty? A bit. Tired? Oh yeah. Satisfaction level? Extremely high.

Have a look.

DSC06904


DSC06907


DSC06941


JB and Charlie


Tate


DSC06976a

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!